Plate by Townsend & Compton
Townsend and Compton of London exported most of their pewter to the Quakers in the Philadelphia area. This mark dates it from 1802 to 1817. The plate is 8 1/4″ diameter. It has a large “S” engraved in the center of the plate. This is probably owner’s initial. It has added value for those with the last initials of “S.” The condition is fine with a nice hammered booge.